Love is one of the most studied emotions exhibited by human beings. It is the most sought after, mysterious, and indescribable feeling known to mankind. So when love comes to a halt or is forced to a halt, people lose sight of themselves.
Although loving another person may be one of the most magical feelings this world can offer, falling out of it can rupture a person’s inner self. When you lose yourself, it is important to remember YOU when you’re not half of a couple. Below are some vows to remind ourselves how important we are; whether we are in a relationship or whether we are flying solo.
10 Sacred Vows to Self
1.Cut out toxic people from your life. Ditch the friend that you know talks behind your back. Dump the girlfriend/boyfriend that treats you like crap. When you surround yourself with positive energy, you give out positive energy, and you will attract people whom you like to be around and who like to be around you. Why waste time on someone who breeds negative toxicity? Life’s too short for crappy company.
2.Don’t regret anything. Although life is full of twists and surprises, it has a funny way of working itself out. By regretting the past, you may be distorting your future. Concentrate on the here and now, learn from your mistakes, and live fully.
3.Don’t waste energy on hate. It takes far too much time and effort, and it’s much more pleasant to love someone / something.
4.Live life for you. Stop trying to please others. In doing so, you will only wind up losing yourself. Follow your dreams and don’t let others tread what they can’t touch.
5.Dance everyday. It releases endorphins, eases stress, and loosens the mind. Dance to tell a story, dance to forget, dance to make someone laugh. Don’t worry if you look stupid… no one can look stupid when are happy with themselves.
6.Challenge yourself to grow. Don’t waste energy on feeling inferior. We have an amazing capacity to expand our minds, emotions and souls. If you feel a loss of someone or something, fill the void with the expansion of a new experience. Always look to grow and never wane with the past.
7.Enjoy spending time with yourself. Don’t fear being alone. Take yourself out to dinner or spend a cosy Saturday night in. You will benefit from your independence, and others will admire it.
8.Hug someone everyday. It has been scientifically proven that more human contact equals more happiness.
9. Keep a journal. You will be thankful that you did when you grow old. It also helps to give an objective view on your daily issues. You will also get to know yourself better and it will clarify your inner thoughts.
10. Love yourself more then anyone else does/can/will. After all, you’re stuck with yourself for the rest of your life. Through thick and thin, no one will be there more then you. Once you begin to embrace and love your inner being, you are more susceptible to love from others around you. If you have no respect for yourself, you cannot expect to extract respect from others.
These 10 vows to self are simply ways on inner improvement and reflections on life. Everyone has their own ways of reaching out to life. Hopefully these will aid in helping with life when its not so simple.
Please consider helping by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page…
Life has no limitations, except the ones we make.
- FEAR: Give Phoenix Men the chance to prove to you that FEAR is a lie that exists only in your mind.
- LONELINESS: Feelings of LONELINESS are proof that your innate search for connection is still intact.
- AGING: Let me prove to you that age is not a barrier but simply a limitation you put on yourself.
Let Phoenix Men take you on an adventure that will change your life forever in a positive way. What do you have to lose? Sure beats sitting looking at four walls. The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences. Come Join Us!